Tunisia Geographic focus: African francophone countries, incl. Djibouti, Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Togo, Chad
Arab countries: Mauritania, Morocco, Jordan, Egypt, and
Asia countries: China, Indonesia.
Thematic focus areas supported by the mechanism:
- Training in Tunisia and target countries.
- Technical assistance and sending experts in the short and medium term.
- Study visit and observation in Tunisia.
- Gender equality and democratic transition.
Steps/stages in practical application of the mechanism:
- Diagnosis of the situation and identification of the needs.
- Development of strategies and formulation of Reproductive Health requests.
- Capacity building.
- Monitoring and evaluation of reproductive health and family planning programmes.
- Identification of the themes of the 3 conferences.
- Contacts with bilateral cooperation in Tunisia, and UNFPA CO in other countries and identification of experts.
- Conference organisation (full day).
- Publication of the conferences report (early 2013).
Results to Date:
- Training in the Centre for Research (CEFIR) of ONFP of more than 2000 staff from African and Arab countries.
- Ten training sessions in targeted countries.
- More than 30 short term technical assistance missions and 9 permanent experts (Niger, Mali and Mauritania).
- 3 international joint workshops (CREDIF-UNFPA) on gender equality and democratic transition in Tunis (September, October, November, 2012) with a participation of around 350 representatives of civil society organisations, government bodies and ministries, as well as the National Constituency Assembly, Tunisia
Most Recent Annual Budget (USD): 40,000
Total Budget (USD): 40,000
Focal Point and Contact: