Geographic focus: 22 Arab Member States at the League of Arab States
Thematic focus areas supported by the mechanism: Cooperation between Arab member states in the field of Migration and Arab communities abroad.
Web link: http://www.arabexpatriates.org/en/article.asp?pg=1&SecID=34&NewsID=194
Steps/Stages in the practical application of the mechanism:
- The League calls for the ministers meeting –the meeting of high officials before the ministers meeting - the ministers meeting
- Recommendations and conclusions are submitted to the of League of Arab States` Ministerial Council.
- Department of Migration and Arab expatriates prepares a table of the recommendations and the actors responsible for implementation for follow up.
Results to Date:
- Cooperation between the Arab countries in the field of migration and the exchange of knowledge and best practices.
- Encouraging joint Arab activities, in addition to bilateral and joint cooperation in the field of Labour migration.
- Develop a unified Arab strategy to address the issues of migration and Arab communities living abroad.
- Discuss coordination among joint Arab action agencies concerned with immigration, population, development, employment and caring for the migrants.
- Coordination in international and multinational fora related to these issues.
Recent Annual Budget (USD):10,000
Total Budget (USD):10,000
Focal Point and Contact:
Enas El Fergany
Migration and Arab Expatriates Department
League of Arab States, Tahrir Square, Cairo
Tel: +2 01005227676