The Green Production Help Desk (GHD) was established at the Association of Lebanese Industrialists (ALI) in October 2012, in order to provide information and technical advisory services for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to comply with the objectives and principles of sustainable development.
The GHD contributes to strengthening capacities in Lebanon on Greening the Industrial Sector:
- Develop a better understanding of policies and programs aimed at the development of green industry;
- Increase access to information for decision 2010 makers on opportunities of green production at the national and local levels;
- Capacity building for the design of national & local policies and programs for stimulating and greening the industrial sector.
Through national and regional workshops, trainings, information campaigning and cooperation with ministries and organizations the GHD has ensured collection and dissemination of information on green business opportunities; national policies, programs, institutions and laws related to green economy; green benefit opportunities such as Environmental Loans provided by Banque Du Liban (BDL) and FREE Environmental Audits funded by GEF and supported by the Ministry of Environment; and regional and international support programs and best practices in green production, therefore, contributed to awareness raising of industry stakeholders on Green Industry and Green Economy.
To promote social development the GHD offers followings:
- Decent Green Jobs creation in Lebanon;
- Employers and employees new skills development
- Guidance in education for students;
- Guidance in career pathways for job seekers;
- Curriculum Development to graduate skilled green workers.
The GHD has contributed to a unique cooperation between Academia and Industry: the Lebanese paint industry is recycling the Xylene solvent waste generated at the American University of Beirut and reusing it in its production process.
Partners: Association of Lebanese Industrialists (ALI), UN-ESCWA
The Green Production Help Desk (GHD)
Association of Lebanese Industrialists (ALI)
Mrs. Rana Tabcharani Saliba
Head of the Environment & Energy Department
Project Manager of the GHD
Fax : +961-1-351167