Expert Exchange Mechanism Egypt
Geographic focus: E-9 countries (the nine most heavily populated developing countries, which are: Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan)
Thematic focus areas/sectors/practices supported by the mechanism:
The focus of the mechanism is the 6 Education for All (EFA) goals. Each year focuses on a specific theme related to one of the goals.
Steps/stages in practical application of the mechanism:
Within the follow-up activities for the E9 initiative and following the Seventh E-9 Ministerial Review Meeting on Education for All, Bali, March 2008, a study mission for a delegation of Nigerian Ministry of Education senior officials was endorsed by the Egyptian Ministry of Education and took place in July of 2008 under the theme of `Improvement of Teachers` Education and Training as a Focus of Education`.
The overarching aim was strengthening bilateral cooperation between Egypt and Nigeria while sharing best practices, lessons learned and success stories in the field of the use of information and communication technology in teacher training and education.
Objectives of the mission included:
- Exposing Nigerian delegates to the Egyptian experience in use of video conferencing for training and other innovations in teacher training.
- Familiarizing Nigerian delegation with the training center setting through visit to training centers.
Results to Date:
Nigeria: The results of the mission included:
- Bilateral cooperation between Egypt and Nigeria strengthened
- Nigerian delegate's capacities built through exposure to innovations in the field of teacher training with particular emphasis on video conferencing and websites preparations.
- Nigerian delegates familiarized with the training centre setting.
Focal Point and Contact:
8 Abdel Rahman Fahmy Street, Garden City, Cairo, Egypt