The Solar Heating Arab Mark and Certification Initiative (SHAMCI) of the League of Arab States is the first Arab quality certification program of solar thermal products and services in the Arab region. The project provides a regional industrial and regulatory compliance framework for policy makers, industrial sector, and end-consumers. The project promotes adopting standard quality measures, accreditation systems and quality labels across the Arab region.
The SHAMCI, the Arab Industrial Development and Mining Organization (AIDMO), and the Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) are in the process of establishing a regional certification scheme for Solar Water Heating (SWH).
The Arab Ministerial Council of Electricity (AMEC) of the League of Arab States has endorsed SHAMCI and accepted its certification rules. The SHAMCI has been recognized as the Middle East and North Africa Region certification system by the Global Certification for Solar Thermal Product.
SHAMCI is natively-built to benefit solar thermal products and services consumers, manufacturers and authorities in the Arab region. SHAMCI labeled products combine international standards with regional specific characteristics assuring products high quality, safety, reliability, durability and high performance.
Adopting SHAMCI helps authorities to:
- Improve customer confidence
- Facilitate trade barriers and regional collaboration
- Streamline compliance monitoring
- Create jobs
- Promote industrial quality standards compliance.
Adopting SHAMCI helps solar thermal product manufacturers to:
- Offer high quality products at reasonable costs
- Improve visibility to SWH customers
- Achieve operational economies of scale
- Simplify test procedures at lower costs.
- Develop new markets and create export opportunities
Adopting SHAMCI helps solar thermal product consumers to:
- Identify high-quality products easily
- Assure safety, durability, and reliability
- Compare seller prices through standard product features
The League of Arab States (LAS), Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE), Arab Industrial Development and Mining Organization (AIDMO),
Shamci Program Manager
Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE)
Hydro Power Building (7th Floor)
Block 11 - Piece 15, Melsa District
Ard El Golf, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
Tel :+20 224154755 (Ext 113)
Mob: +20 1200453776
Fax :+20 24154661