Knowledge Network: Morocco
Geographic focus: The GRB centre is a global centre open to all countries. The centre is based in Morocco with a specific focus on Arab-speaking and French-speaking countries.
- Gender-based assessment of public policies
- Results-based and gender sensitive public finance management
- Gender sensitive statistics and data
- Gender responsive planning and budgeting at local level.
The Moroccan Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) centre of excellence was launched in November 2012 during an international high-level conference on GRB held in Morocco. More than 30 countries from Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America participated to this exchange. During 2012, an electronic platform of the centre of excellence was elaborated. It is a system for GRB knowledge management that allow setting up different communities of practice made up of members wanting to share, innovate and learn together.
Before the official launch of the centre, south-south exchange workshops were organized to experiment this mechanisms. A first workshop on GRB for officials representing ministries of finance, sectoral department and statistics institutions from Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Mauritania was organized on November 2010. Another bilateral workshop was organized on December 2012 for officials from Morocco and Tunisia.
Results to Date:
- A knowledge management electronic platform for Gender Responsive Budgeting knowledge
- A website sharing global knowledge on GRB : www.grbmorocco2012.com
- More than 20 presentations on different topics related to GRB: normative and policy environment for GR/GRB countries experiences / Accountability tools for Gender Equality / GRB approaches and budgetary programming/ democratic space for gender-responsive budget/ Public Financial management reforms and gender-responsive outcomes in context of crises
- 17 country profiles on national gender responsive budgeting experiences
- Other documentation on GRB and gender
- A list of national experts on gender responsive budgeting
Focal Point and Contact:
Directorate of Studies and Financial Forecasts
Ministry of Economy and Finance
32 Rue Honain Angle, Avenue Michlifen