Owner: ABU DHABI FARMERS' SERVICES CENTER
Working with local farmers to improve farming practices, resulting in higher production levels and better quality crops while conserving the country`s environmental resources. In turn, the center partner with retailers and large corporate and government customers to provide them with a secure supply of quality local produce fresh from Abu Dhabi`s farms.
The model will allow learning consumer demands and current supply trends. The approach of the knowledge can effectively increase the collaboration of farmers and ensure that the industry grows the right quantities of the right food - without the need for subsidies. Essentially, the center offers a full suite of services - from field to market - as we work to develop sustainable agriculture for Abu Dhabi. To increase farming productivity and contribute to national food security and sustainable agriculture.
- Provide on-farm advisory and technical services as well as the necessary inputs to help farmers grow larger volumes of better quality crops - which, in turn, leads to increased incomes
- Develop new and strengthen existing marketing links to wholesale and retail outlets by providing modern, efficient supply chain services, including the packaging and marketing of produce
- Enhance the image and appeal of domestically grown produce
- Ensure the supply of safe food and traceability from producers to consumers
- Represent the best interests of all farmers in strategic agricultural policy formulation
- Control and reduce agricultural water consumption
- ADFSC offers a wide range of free services to farmers including:
- Extension services and training, such as:
- Enhanced on-farm livestock management
- Improvements to date palm care, nutrition and harvesting
- Improved irrigation systems and scheduling
- Advice to improve crop production
- Access to best-practice demonstration farms
- Distribution of research findings and improved agricultural techniques
- Assistance in improving farm planning, technology and management Services for a small fee
- Extension services and training, such as:
- The Center also offer a range of fee-for-service activities for farmers including:
- Date Palm Services Contract
- Farm Management Services Contract
- Fresh Produce Supply Contract
- Farmers Services Centre has succeeded in cultivating new types of alternative feed Rhodes, which drain large amounts of water and cause a doubling of soil salinity. The center encouraged farmers to replace the cultivation of new species feed Rhodes, where these feeds characterized by their ability to withstand soil salinity and some consume water at a rate of at least more than 25% of the feed consumption Rhodes. Rhodes grass crop comes on the top of the list of crops have an adverse impact on water resources and stocks of underground water, where it was use more than 90 billion gallons of water a year, or almost more than 150 million cubic meters of water.
- The farmers service center has a number of integrated farms in Abu Dhabi and the Western Region and Al Ain, the center held training workshops to introduce the philosophy of the model farm and objectives, and keep farmers on the neighborhood and practical model of integrated farm which the Center seeks to apply the standards to all local farms to apply the principles of sustainable agriculture.
- The model farms provides best agricultural practices as well as the allocation of integrated farm systems of modern irrigation and cultivation of vegetables and animal feed, to become a model for the definition of farmers in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, the best agricultural practices, as well as to show the capacity and efficiency of agricultural technology and modern irrigation to improve water use in Agriculture and double production, where the farm is to provide state of the art of Agriculture and Irrigation of modern technology.
- The program "Guaranteed Minimum Price" which the center applies with suppliers of fresh vegetables, it is one of the most effective program to ensure the farmers` right and protect them from fluctuations in market prices, where the center ensures a minimum income for farmers to be able to planning and budgeting in an appropriate manner, taking into account production costs, when the final market price is higher than the minimum guaranteed price.
- The center has achieved remarkable and impressive success in integrated management program for the palm trees harvested and so on to improve the nutrition of date palm trees, which the Center has applied during two consecutive seasons Program.
- Farmers Services Centre in Abu Dhabi officially Launched the first sign of a national commercial for local products and fresh as the "harvest our farms," as a confirmation of the quality of products of the fruit and vegetables, poultry, meat and eggs produced in Abu Dhabi farms, and applying the best modern agricultural practices in all areas related to agricultural and livestock sector in the context of his quest for the advancement the agricultural sector in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi
The solution can be replicated in countries where its land has the ability to withstand soil salinity and with less consume water.
Abu Dhabi Farmers' Services Center (ADFSC)
Head Office, Abu Dhabi.
Address: Mohammed Bin Zayed City Building, Capital Mall, Floor 2-5.
Telephone: +97128138888 / +97128138889 Fax: +97128139999